We are looking for a highly motivated Level 2 / 3 qualified practitioner / Nursery Nurse to join our great team of childcare early years educators.
Now apart from all the usual paper work, knowledge of legislation’s, confidence etc you must have the following to even think about applying for our award winning day nursery….
* You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
* You must be able to laugh at jokes you don’t understand, or you don’t find funny!
* You will preferably have a little bit of quirkiness. If a child requests that you be a captain of a pirate ship, you will be the best pirate captain you can be!
* You must feel comfortable telling everybody in the same room as you, that you are going to the toilet!
* The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
* You must be able to distribute warm hugs as required.
* Possessing the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people is of the utmost importance.
* Must be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on your clothing.
* You must have a high level of comfort around talking about bodily functions. You must have a strong sense of smell to enable you to respond to said bodily functions.
* Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
* You must have the ability to read a ten page fairytale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
* You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day.
* Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families.
There is simply no other job quite like this one. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! For more information about the post please contact the nursery manager or send your CV.
Previous Applicants need not apply.
A enhanced DBS and job references will be required for the successful applicant.
Nursery Rhymes (Leicester) Ltd takes it’s commitment to Safeguard and Promote the Welfare of Children and Young People very seriously and expects all staff, students and volunteers to do the same.